At this magical time of the year when light is reborn from the darkness, it is common to wish for peace on earth.
Do you ever wonder if “Peace on Earth” could really happen?
I believe it can, and it will.
In fact, peace on earth could happen at any moment: as soon as we imagine that possibility and begin living it in our own lives.
Peace on earth begins with the peace we create in our own hearts.
True peace, the miraculous peace that transforms lives and planets, is a state of being. It erupts spontaneously when we create a discipline of reconnecting with our Source again and again and again.
Whether you call that Source God, Spirit, Christ, Higher Self, Wisdom, Adonai, Buddha, Allah, The Universe, Energy, or Goddess is irrelevant. It’s what you experience when you are in touch with the transcendent that matters.
I know that when I am in that place, I’m able to forgive myself, and make a space for all the uncomfortable and ugly parts of who I am.
I have compassion for my humanness.
I can love my messy self and my messy life.
And I remember that everyone around me is doing her or his best to muddle through this sometimes bewildering existence.
Peace on earth looks like this:
- Offering a compassionate presence to your own pain.
- Noticing the urge to smooth out the rough edges in your life, and then letting it go.
- Reminding yourself what you love about your partner next time you feel irritated.
- Making space for your child to be who she or he is, not who you want them to be.
- Praying for the people who have hurt you (which may or may not include allowing them an ongoing place in your life).
- Forgiving yourself.
- Remembering that every person you encounter is both an expression of the Divine, and a mirror of your Self.
- Allowing yourself to imagine something more than you’ve known.
Peace on earth begins with us.
Whatever holy days you celebrate this season,
May the seeds of Peace take root in your heart and bloom in your life all year.
The Manifestation Maven
P.S. The digital versions of my book, Everything You Need Is Right Here: Mastering the Art of Conscious Manifestation and my audiobook Terrible Beauty: Poems and Reflections for Precarious Times will be available next week, and you can download BOTH for under $10. Look for an email after Christmas.