Today’s the 2nd day of my Prosperity Experiment….day 2 of no spending outside of necessities.
So WHY would I kick off a prosperity experiment by doing a week of NO spending?
Let’s get this straight…it’s NOT about restricting or cutting back. It’s about consciousness.
I’ve done a couple of different kinds of “cleanses” recently. First I fasted from media and external influences for 12 days, replacing that with silence and reflection. Then I fasted from my regular food routine, replacing that with a gentle, nutrient dense 5 day program.
And I’m feeling different…more conscious about what I let into both my mind and my body.
So now want to get the same kind of awareness about what I do with the energy I wrap up in money.
So here are the rules I’ve made up so far:
1) 7 days of no spending except for groceries, gas & other necessities (yes, I did include a haircut and highlights in the necessities department…now that I’m on tv regularly that didn’t seem like a big rationalization. Call me out on this if you want).
2) Letting go of all plans around how money is coming to me. I am inspired by David Whyte’s poem What to Remember When Waking. At one part he says:
“What you can plan is too small for you to live. What you can live wholeheartedly will make plans enough for the vitality hidden in your sleep.”
So, each day I wake up and meditate for a few minutes. Then I ask my Source to guide me. I’m literally asking, moment to moment, what feels right to do next. If I have a scheduled appointment, I’m keeping it. Other than that, I get quiet and ask “what’s next” and wait for the feeling of opening, excitement, appreciation, joy.
I’m letting my Higher Power surprise me. This drives my ego crazy, since it is really into the HOW (planning for every contingency, figuring it all out, mapping out my whole life). I’m offering my ego lots of support and compassion right now.
3) Beginning day 8: a bill by bill review of all the recurring charges that show up on my credit cards so I can decide what’s still serving me and what’s not.
That’s all I know for sure right now about my rules. I’ll let you know if I have more. I don’t even know how long the experiment is going to go on, but I’m pretty excited. And you know what, I’m already feeling more abundant! Which is funny when you think about the fact that I haven’t spent any money. Even though I’ve been to one of my favorite coffee houses twice in the first two days of this experiment, I didn’t even miss my Cambric w/ Earl Gray & soymilk. I went there to meet people and bought nothing! And it was no problem.
So here are the results so far, 1 and 1/2 days in:
- $1,600 flowed in that I was not expecting. So hey, I’ll take that!
- Two people offered to buy me breakfast (neither of them knew about the experiment)
- I just have to mention that the day BEFORE I started this, when I was just THINKING about doing it, I went to my mechanic because I had difficulty starting my car. So they gave me a new battery. But they didn’t charge me anything. Nada. Zip. Zero. And they didn’t forget to have me pay, they gave me a receipt showing no charge. That’s never happened to me before. Wild! So, needless to say, that convinced me to take the plunge.
- Someone who had expressed an interest in one of my platinum level coaching programs let me know she wasn’t going to take the plunge…AND I felt great about it! I smiled reading her email, because I knew it was the right decision for her, and that I was being taken care of in every way. I felt exactly the same as I would have felt had she emailed to say she was joining the program!
- I looked at my calendar today and realized I had a phone appointment with a prosperity alignment coach (no this wasn’t cheating…it was scheduled and already paid for a long time ago…coincidence? I think not!) and it was amazing. Feeling even better since that appointment with her. Another manifestation of abundance! Check her out. www.JenniferBloome.com
What do I want to get out of this experiment? Well, of course, money is always fun. There are lots of things I want to do, experiences I want to enjoy, and people I want to help. And money is a great tool to make all that happen. Really though, what I’m looking for is to have that feeling that I have everything I need, that I’m always connected to the Cornucopia, be part of my moment to moment experience. Every day. All the time. And I want to enjoy the surprises. And have fun.
Want to join me? I’d love to hear about your prosperity experiment! Let’s support each other!